A Business Litigation & False Claims Act/Whistleblower Firm
There is no generally accepted definition of business litigation. But behind each business is a person. This rings true from one person “mom and pop” businesses to large corporations. In any business dispute, someone was involved at the business. And the case needs to be about the people–not the name of the business.
It’s about the people
We represent clients in all types of business disputes. Our cases include breach of contract cases, disputes involving asset purchase agreements, unfair competition, trade secrets, non-compete and non-solicitation cases, intentional interference with business and contract claims, breach of fiduciary duty cases, and disputes among shareholders, partners and members of limited liability companies.
We know how to evaluate and resolve cases with a view toward your goals, and overall interests and success. Our business litigation practice is not plaintiff or defendant specific. Because we represent clients on both sides of the “v,” we believe this gives us an advantage. Having represented both plaintiffs and defendants, we have gained significant experience and know what works and does not work in pursuing and defending cases. Drawing on over twenty years of experience, we know how to develop winning theories for both plaintiffs and defendants. We also understand the importance of an early risk/reward analysis up front in all of our business litigation cases. We use this risk/reward analysis in connection with our client’s goals and objectives to develop the best path forward.
Business litigation can—and often does—put a strain on the resources of any business. We partner with our clients to make sure that our fee arrangements make sense for the needs of the case. Where appropriate, we work with our clients to come up with mutually beneficial fee arrangements, including contingent fee agreements, alternative fee agreements and flat fee agreements.
The vast majority of business cases settle. The best path to a successful settlement, however, is being prepared to try a case to verdict. We approach each business case with this mindset, keeping in mind our client’s budget and overall goals.
Recent matters include:
- Won a three day bench trial on behalf of a client involving the recovery of money due and owing to client from former employer, and successfully defended claims alleged against client by former employer; client was awarded a six figure judgment plus attorney’s fees and costs (May 2021).
- Won a two day bench trial on behalf of a client in connection with a dispute over the purchase of a downtown Denver nightclub; client was awarded a six figure judgment (November 2020).
- Represented national developer in alleged breach of representations and warranties in an asset purchase agreement. Case was successfully resolved with no payment by client following successful discovery motion arguing plaintiff had waived its attorney-client privilege for advice it received during the transaction at issue.
- Represented national retailer in alleged breach of commission agreement. Case was successfully settled.
- Represented majority shareholder in dispute with minority shareholder. Negotiated resolution that included minority shareholder relinquishing shares in company.
Enockson Law represents clients in state courts throughout Colorado,
as well as in federal court and arbitration proceedings.
Enockson Law represents clients in state courts throughout Colorado, as well as in federal court and arbitration proceedings.